Clinical Psychologist, Las Vegas, NV
I am a Clinical Psychologist in Las Vegas, Nevada, with over 25 years of specialized education, training, and experience in providing psychological services to individuals, couples, groups, and organizations. I am licensed in California and Nevada, as well as authorized to practice telepsychology in 35 states throughout the U.S.A.
I work primarily with adults, young adults, and couples. I specialize in evaluation and therapy that create unique, safe, and supportive relationships. Individuals and couples — struggling with most any of life’s certain difficulties — are welcomed to embark upon their own unique adventures toward greater freedom, connection, and fulfillment.
As the next step on your journey, I invite you to explore this site for more information on my professional background and offered services, including psychological evaluation, individual psychotherapy, couples therapy, and organizational and clinical consultation services.
Custom Therapy Tailored to Your Unique Needs
People, Not Problems
I am a depth psychologist with an approach to psychotherapy that is evidence-based, relational, and psychoanalytically informed. I draw from my training in research-based psychotherapy approaches including:
- Supportive-Expressive Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (SE)
- Stoic Mindfulness and Resilience Training (SMRT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (GMCT)
- Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
I hold a Certificate of Effectiveness awarded by A Collaborative Outcomes Research Network through independent statistical analysis of my therapy outcomes. I have completed Level 3 training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. I am former Vice President of the A. K. Rice Institute for the Study of Social Systems. I have a special interest in working with healthcare providers, fellow mental health professionals, and trainees.
Practice News Blog
- Surprise Billing DisclosureYour Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills When you get emergency care or are treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network …
- Stay Home for NevadaAs we Stay Home for Nevada, all therapy, evaluation, supervision, consultation, and coaching appointments will continue to be conducted by telehealth through April 30, 2020.
- Telehealth for COVID-19In the best interest of everyone, all client appointments have been moved to an online (telehealth) format through April 6, 2020.
- The Politics of Our LivesIf you have any interest in leadership, organizational life, or understanding how you relate to and take up authority in groups, I encourage …
COMMON TREATMENT ISSUES
- Major Life Transitions
- Men’s Issues
- Adjustment Difficulties
- Grief & Loss
- Panic Attacks
- Anger Management
- Relationship Problems
- Social Anxiety
- Marriage Problems
- Premarital Counseling
- Work Problems
- Technology Issues
- Videogame Addiction
- Life Balance
Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology
I am authorized to provide telepsychology services to patients in 35 states across America. I have the Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology (APIT Mobility #5034) in 26 PSYPACT-participating states, including my registered Home State of Nevada (NV Lic. #PY0657). In addition, I am also authorized to provide telehealth services to patients in the State of California as a Licensed Psychologist (CA Lic. #PSY24434) as well as in the State of Florida where I am a registered with the Department of Health as an Out-of-State Telehealth Provider (FL #TPPY422).
Choose the Right Doctor For You
Connection & Understanding Inside
Connection and understanding are key ingredients in helping, and in psychotherapeutic success. Yet, genuineness and true empathic understanding come from life experiences not commonly found in clinical psychologists. This is what makes me different. I can connect and understand where other professionals typically cannot. The breadth of my life experience, combined with the depth of my training, lets me focus on both immediate symptoms and the origins of problems in living.